An Unexpected Journey - The French Expedition of Charles Fossey at Hatra (Iraq)
Keywords:Hatra, French Expedition, Fossey, Small Shrine 2, Parthian period
This paper deals with the overlooked French Expedition of the famous architect Charles Fossey at the end of the 19th century at Hatra (Northern Iraq) using information of unpublished documents from the Archive Nationale de France. The collected data shed new light on the understanding of Small Shrine 2, one of the fourteen small shrines built inside the districts of the city.
Copyright (c) 2021 Enrico Foietta
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in AsiAna published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in AsiAna open access articles.