Osservazioni prosopografiche sul personale del tempio degli dèi di Ebla
Keywords:Ebla, temple of gods, cultic personnel, management personnel, service personnel
The article intends to offer an overview of the personnel tied to the Eblaite temple of gods (e2 dingir-dingir-(dingir-dingir)), which was likely devoted to the worship of the royal ancestors. The Ebla documents distinguishes individuals exclusively tied to worship activities (lu2 dingir-dingir-(dingir-dingir)) and individuals tied to the management of the temple (lu2 e2 dingir-dingir-(dingir-dingir)). In addition, the documentation provides attestations of young individuals employed in support of both sacred and profane activies, and women employed at the service of the temple.
Copyright (c) 2022 Angela Greco
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in AsiAna published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in AsiAna open access articles.