(MUNUS.)LUGAL-UT-TUM-ma-kán an-da KAxU-az me-mi-an-zi
Analisi di alcune azioni rituali per la regalità in CTH 479.2.1
Keywords:Kingship, Queenship, Purification ritual, Kizzuwatna, royal couple
The aim of this paper is to highlight some of the peculiarities and problems of interpretation that emerge from the analysis of the rites which are described within the text of the tablet listed under the number 479.2.1 of the Catalogue des Textes Hittites. This text preserves the so called “Kizzuwatna ritual”, which concerns the purification of the Hittite royal couple. In this paper I will discuss: the uzianza rite, the locations in which the ritual took place (lack of knowledge of which has hitherto created difficulties in understanding the ritual’s execution); the use within this text and in other texts of the term UN?TU for which a new translation is suggested, and finally a ritual action, described as (MUNUS.)LUGAL-UT-TUM-ma-kán an-da KAxU-az me-mi-an-zi, which uniquely appears in two paragraphs of the uzianza offering cycle.
Copyright (c) 2020 Mariateresa Albanese
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in AsiAna published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in AsiAna open access articles.