The Ancestors of Labarna I and the Cruciform Seal
Keywords:Early Hittite history, Hittite royal list, offering lists, Cruciform Seal, Zalpa-text
This paper argues that the evidence of the Offering List C and the Cruciform Seal on the early Hittite rulers can only be reconciled with each other, if the former’s entry on Labarna refers to the ancestors of Labarna I and not of ?attušili I, as hitherto assumed.
Copyright (c) 2020 Zsolt Simon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in AsiAna published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in AsiAna open access articles.