Sorveglianti e custodi nei testi di Ebla, fra lessico e prosopografia
The article focuses on the attestations of the Sumerograms en-nun-ak and igi-sig in the Ebla texts. Confirming that the two terms indicate activities of surveillance and custody, the discussion of various prosopographical and lexical matters permits to distinguish their different uses, as names of functions and, in the case of igi-sig, as qualification of prized goods kept in important buildings and places. Furthermore, the gathered materials can be added to those of other investigations on further personnel in charge of guard functions, in view of a comprehensive evaluation of watching activities at the time of the Palace G texts.
Copyright (c) 2019 Amalia Catagnoti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in AsiAna published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in AsiAna open access articles.