Karyotypic investigation concerning five Bromus Species from several populations in Iran
Keywords:Bromus, Chromosome, Karyology, Iran
Karyotypes of five taxa (fourteen populations) of the genus Bromus from different geographic origins is presented: B. scoparius, B. japonicus, B. madritensis, B. rubens and B. tomentellus. The ploidy levels were different. B. scoparius and B. japonicus were found 2n=2x=14, B. madritensis and B. rubens were found 2n=4x=28 and B. tomentellus were found 2n=6x=42. Detailed karyotype analysis allows us to group the different populations and to postulate relationships among them.
How to Cite
- Copyright on any open access article in a journal published byCaryologia is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant Caryologia a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in Caryologia open access articles.