infermieristica journal (ij) è una rivista scientifica internazionale sottoposta a peer-review, che promuove lo sviluppo e lo scambio di conoscenze rilevanti per la ricerca e la pratica infermieristica. ij sostiene la pratica clinica basata sulle evidenze, incoraggia e promuove il dibattito critico sull'arte e sulla scienza infermieristica.
La rivista accoglie con particolare favore gli studi che mirano a valutare e comprendere interventi sanitari complessi e politiche sanitarie, impiegando disegni e metodi di studio rigorosi e appropriati alla domanda di ricerca. La rivista, inoltre, si impegna anche a dare un contributo allo sviluppo della ricerca, anche mediante articoli metodologici, su tecniche analitiche e misure.
La rivista pubblica articoli originali peer-reviewed di interesse per la comunità sanitaria internazionale.
Le politiche editoriali di ij prevedono:
- Un pubblico di lettori internazionali
- Rapido screening iniziale per idoneità e interesse editoriale;
- Processo editoriale efficiente: tempo medio di comunicazione della decisione relativa ad un articolo fino a 3 mesi;
- Pubblicazione finale online già dopo 4 settimane dall'accettazione
- Indicizzazione della rivista nelle banche dati scientifiche
Focus and Scope
Su infermieristica journal (ij) vengono pubblicati contributi di interesse professionale che spaziano su tutte le tematiche inerenti alla scienza infermieristica. Lo scopo della rivista è quello di promuovere l’eccellenza, migliorare la pratica clinica ed incoraggiare il dibattito legato alla cura e all’assistenza del paziente. La sua visione internazionale fornisce uno spazio adeguato per la diffusione e lo scambio dei risultati della ricerca, delle esperienze e delle idee. È fondamentale che gli articoli in lingua inglese siano corretti e revisionati, prima di essere inoltrati.
External Rigorous Peer-Review
Each submission to infermieristica journal (ij) is subject to a rigorous quality control and external peer-review evaluation process before receiving a final decision. The initial in-house quality control check deals with issues such as competing interests; ethical requirements for studies involving human participants or animals; financial disclosures; full compliance with infermieristica journal (ij)’s data availability policy, etc.
If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to at least two external anonymous reviewers. The peer review can be single or double-blind. If the reviews are positive, but the manuscript requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to submit the revised version.
The Editors are responsible for conducting the peer-review process and for the final decision on the submitted article.
Open Access Policy
infermieristica journal (ij) provides immediate open access to its content. Our publisher, Firenze University Press at the University of Florence, complies with the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of Open Access: By “open access”, we mean the free availability on the public internet, the permission for all users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full text of the articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain is to guarantee the original authors with control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited. We support a greater global exchange of knowledge by making the research published in our journal open to the public and reusable under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY-4.0). Furthermore, we encourage authors to post their pre-publication manuscript in institutional repositories or on their websites prior to and during the submission process and to post the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version after publication without embargo. These practices benefit authors with productive exchanges as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Papers will be published online as "Just Accepted" whithin 48 hours after acceptance, and tagged with a DOI code. The final full bibliographic record for each article (initial-final page) will be available in concomitance with the issue publication. infermieristica journal (ij) publishes 2 regular issues per year. Manuscripts are accepted at any time through the online submission system.
Authors who publish with infermieristica journal (ij) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY-4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in infermieristica journal (ij).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Unlike many open-access journals, infermieristica journal (ij) does not charge any publication fee.
Fee waivers do not apply at Firenze University Press because our funding does not rely on author charges.
Responsibilities of infermieristica journal (ij)'s editors, reviewers, and authors concerning publication ethics and publication malpractice are described in are described in FUP’s Guidelines on Publication Ethics.
Corrections and Retractions
In accordance with the generally accepted standards of scholarly publishing, infermieristica journal (ij) does not alter articles after publication: "Articles that have been published should remain extant, exact and unaltered to the maximum extent possible".
In cases of serious errors or (suspected) misconduct infermieristica journal (ij) publishes corrections and retractions (expressions of concern).
In cases of serious errors that affect or significantly impair the reader’s understanding or evaluation of the article, infermieristica journal (ij) publishes a correction note that is linked to the published article. The published article will be left unchanged.
- there is clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation)
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- it turns out to be an act of plagiarism
- it reports unethical research.
If an investigation is underway that might result in the retraction of an article infermieristica journal (ij) may choose to alert readers by publishing an expression of concern.
infermieristica journal (ij) and Firenze University Press are experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service.