A case report on pulmonary fibro-emphysema: an incorrectly framed case
This case report describes the combination of pulmonary fibrosis and emphysema (CPFE) as a possible new addition to the growing list of smoking-related lung diseases, which are characterised by the coexistence of usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP) or non-specific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP) with emphysema in tobacco smokers.
- Weerakkody Y, Bell D, Fortin F, et al. Combined pulmonary fibrosis and Jankowich MD, Rounds SIS.
- Combined pulmonary fibrosis and emphysema syndrome: a review. Chest. 2012;141(1):222-231. doi: 10.1378/
- Hage R, Gautschi F, Steinack C, Schuurmans MM. Combined Pulmonary Fibrosis and Emphysema (CPFE)
- Clinical Features and Management. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2021;16:167-177. doi: 10.2147/COPD.
- Bolaki M, Antoniou KM. Combined Pulmonary Fibrosis and Emphysema. Semin Respir Crit Care Med.
- ;41(2):177-183. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1708058.