Karyotype analysis of Trichogramma embryophagum Htg. (Hymenoptera: Trichogrammatidae) using a new method and estimate its karyotype symmetry
Keywords:ideogram, karyotype, 8-hydroxyquinoline, symmetric karyotype
Different methods of chromosome preparation for insect are now being used across the world. Well-spread chromosomes with explicit morphology, in addition to no cell wall debris are required for karyotype investigations. Cytogenetic knowledge in Trichogramma is extremely limited. In the article, chromosome characters, karyotype and monoploid ideogram of Trichogramma embryophagum Htg. (Hymenoptera: Trichogrammatidae) were evaluated using a new method. Also, karyotype symmetry/asymmetry of this species was calculated for the first time as one of the Trichogramma species. Our results showed that the diploid chromosome number of the wasp was 2n = 10. The karyotype formula was 6m + 4a. The symmetry/asymmetry index value was 1.8. The new method resulted in higher quality metaphase plates spread and provided an ideal karyomorphology for this parasitoid which has small chromosomes.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Fatemeh Farsi, Halil Erhan Eroğlu, Jamasb Nozari, Vahid Hosseininaveh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in a journal published byCaryologia is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant Caryologia a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in Caryologia open access articles.