Fashion Highlight journal aims at building an interdisciplinary space to share research experiences in the fashion area at national and international level. Studies and practices developed in the fashion system play a crucial role in understanding emerging instances since it concerns the interpretation of the ways in which society expresses, communicates, and gets organized.
Fashion deals with the sphere of Humanities as well as technologies, configuring a research sector characterized by a strong interdisciplinarity. Within these peculiarities the research experiences on fashion connect a variety of values that span fluidly across different domains.
Fashion Highlight journal welcomes essays and research papers that deal with fashion as a transversal and transformative phenomenon, as a language of interpretation of emerging issues relating to contemporary changes and challenges. The journals welcome studies on fashion design and product development; about fashion – with anthropological, historiographic, sociological, ethnographic, philosophical, semiotic, aesthetic, and communicative approaches –up to studies in Fashion technological and scientific applications like textile chemistry, bio-computer science and digital electronics engineering - up to functional, industrial, economic, managerial, and legal models.
Considering this articulated and often complex disciplinary field, the Fashion Highlight project identifies a research horizon that is made up of heterogeneous pieces, proposing a “kaleidoscopic” vision on the fashion phenomenon. The journal therefore stands at the intersection of these multiple instances, aiming to investigate both on the local contexts and manufacturing cultures in which fashion is produced, as well as on the broader theoretical studies that address aesthetics and cultural representations of bodies through fashion in the individual and collective dimensions.
DOUBLE BLIND RIGOROUS PEER REVIEW
Each submission to Fashion Highlight is subject to a rigorous quality control and peer-review evaluation process before receiving a final decision.
If the manuscript is considered suitable for publication, it is sent to two or more anonymous reviewers. The peer review process is double-blind. If the reviews are positive, but the manuscript requires to be revised and resubmitted, the author is expected to submit the revised version.
The Editors are responsible for conducting the peer-review process and for the final decision on the submitted article.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The Journal provides immediate open access to its content comply with the Budapest Open Access Initiative definition of Open Access: By “open access” , we mean the free availability on the public internet, the permission for all users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full text of the articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. The only constraint on reproduction and distribution, and the only role for copyright in this domain is to guarantee the original authors with control over the integrity of their work and the right to be properly acknowledged and cited. We support a greater global exchange of knowledge by making the research published in our journal open to the public and reusable under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY-4.0). Furthermore, we encourage authors to post their pre-publication manuscript in institutional repositories or on their websites prior to and during the submission process and to post the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version after publication without embargo. These practices benefit authors with productive exchanges as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Fashion Highlight publishes 2 regular issues per year. Manuscripts are accepted at any time through the online submission system.
The Journal allows authors to deposit draft versions of their paper into a suitable preprint server, on condition that the author agrees to the below:
- The author retains copyright to the preprint and developed works from it, and is permitted to submit to the journal.
- The author declares that a preprint is available within the cover letter presented during submission. This must include a link to the location of the preprint.
- The author acknowledges that having a preprint publicly available means that the journal cannot guarantee the anonymity of the author during the review process, even if they anonymise the submitted files (see review policy).
- Should the submission be published, the authors are expected to update the information associated with the preprint version to show that a final version has been published in the journal, including the DOI linking directly to the publication.
Authors who publish with Fashion Highlight agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License (CC-BY-4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in Fashion Highlight.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Fashion Highlight does not charge any publication fee.
Fee waivers do not apply at Firenze University Press because our funding does not rely on author charges.
Responsibilities of Fashion Highlight 's editors, reviewers, and authors concerning publication ethics and publication malpractice are described in FUP’s Guidelines on Publication Ethics.
CORRECTIONS and RETRACTIONS
In accordance with the generally accepted standards of scholarly publishing, Fashion Highlight does not alter articles after publication: "Articles that have been published should remain extant, exact and unaltered to the maximum extent possible".
In cases of serious errors or (suspected) misconduct Fashion Highlight publishes corrections and retractions (expressions of concern).
In cases of serious errors that affect or significantly impair the reader’s understanding or evaluation of the article, Fashion Highlight publishes a correction note that is linked to the published article. The published article will be left unchanged.
- there is clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation);
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication);
- it turns out to be an act of plagiarism;
- it reports unethical research.
An article is retracted by publishing a retraction notice that is linked to or replaces the retracted article. Fashion Highlight will make any effort to clearly identify a retracted article as such.
If an investigation is underway that might result in the retraction of an article Fashion Highlight may choose to alert readers by publishing an expression of concern.
Fashion Highlight and Firenze University Press are experimenting a National legal deposition and long-term digital preservation service.