Fashion Now! Critical Thinking for Change Towards Bio-Digital Couture
- Critical Design,
- Bio-Digital Couture,
- Matiére Brute,
- Inverse Matter
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Pursuing change in complex production areas requires attention and foresight that invests design research with advanced perspectives attentive to the fundamental balance between the artificial and the natural. The attitude or posture of contemporary design acting in actuality takes its cue from a strong impulse for multidisciplinarity that evolves into intricate trajectories that foster the grafting of knowledge and practices. In a field like Fashion, design culture and critique of the current model result in a radical future prediction; digital technologies at the encounter with new logics of making, far from the goals of productivity, prefigure a radical reversal of the current model. The paradigm of the organic meeting the digital and the latter expressing mutualistic behavior builds a solid perspective to drive change.
- Antonelli, P. (2012). Preview, Vital Design, in Bio Design: Nature, Science, Creativity by William Myers, Thames&Hudson, 2012.
- Antonelli P. (2019) Broken Nature. Design takes on human survival, XXII International Exhibition of the Milan Triennale (27/02/2019 - 01/09/2019). https://triennale.org/eventi/broken-nature
- Beery, T., Olafsson, A. S., Gentin, S., Maurer, M., Stålhammar, S., Albert, C., Bieling, C., Buijs, A., Fagerholm, N., Garcia-Martin, M., Plieninger, T., Raymond C. M. (2023). Disconnecting from nature: Expanding our understanding of human-nature relations. People and Nature Journal published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the British Ecological Society.
- Elhacham, E., Ben-Uri, L., Grozovski, J., Bar-On, Y.M., Milo, R. (2020). Global man-made mass exceeds all living biomass. Nature - vol. 588, pp. 442 444.
- Heidegger, M. (2015). Black notebooks, edited by P. Trawny, Bompiani, Milan 2015.
- Ito, J. (2016). Design and science. Can design advance science and can science advance design? The Journal of Design and Science (JoDS): MIT Press.
- Lagioia, N. (2022) ...nature... Let’s learn not to be the masters of the planet. Robinson, 06 August 2022.
- Merton, R. K. (1971). The self-fulfilling prophecy, in Social Theory and Structure, II, Bologna, Il Mulino.
- Oxman, N. (2020). Material ecology: Neri Oxman. New York, NY.
- Oxman, N. (2016a). The age of entanglement. The Journal of Design and Science (JoDS): MIT Press.
- Oxman, N. (2016b). Toward a material ecology. World Economic Forum.
- Rutherford, A. (2013). Creation. How science is reinventing life itself. Penguin, London.
- Van Gelder, M. (1996). “The strange case of the electronic lover.” In Computerization and controversy, ed: Kling, R. London: Academic Press. In (Ed.)