Dmitry I. Mendeleev and his time
The history of the creation of Periodic table and of the Mendeleev’s discovery of Periodic Law is considered. The different approaches used by Mendeleev’s colleagues are discussed. The contribution of the Periodic system to the extension of the scientific ideas in geology and best of all in geochemistry and mineralogy is illustrated by the discovery of new chemical elements and by the isomorphic replacements in minerals. The details of uneasy history of Mendeleev’s nomination to the St. Petersburg Academy and for the Nobel Prize are given.
Copyright (c) 2019 Dmitry Pushcharovsky
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in Substantia published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in Substantia open access articles.