How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Pierandrea Lo Nostro
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
We recently organized the first edition of Substantia Short Talks to discuss some hot topics within the community of our journal. It was a recorded online event, that took place online on July 1, 2021, at 4 pm CEST.
In 2020, during the Covid-19 pandemic that forced us to restrain or limit our social and cultural activities, we thought to offer a lively cultural happening to strengthen our interactions and to ponder on some remarkable issues that affect our lives as scientists and citizens in a globalized world.
Examples that came up to our minds were quite some. Just to mention a few: the protection of intellectual property and the worldwide distribution of life-saving drugs (e.g. the anti-Covid vaccines) at very low costs; the relationship between science and politics, i.e. Black Lives Matter and the harsh debate between some international scientific journals and publishers; or the denial of freedom and democracy and even the lack of scientific dissemination in some countries, and so forth.
- De Solla Price, D.J. Little Science, Big Science. 1963. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Aad, G. et al. Combined Measurement of the Higgs Boson Mass in pp Collisions at ?s = 7 and 8 TeV with the ATLAS and CMS Experiments. Phys. Rev. Lett. 2015, 114, 191803.
- CMS Collaboration., LHCb Collaboration. Observation of the rare Bs0 ?µ+µ? decay from the combined analysis of CMS and LHCb data. Nature 2015, 522, 68–72.
- Nadimpalli, M.L.; Chan, C.W.; Doron, S. Antibiotic resistance: a call to action to prevent the next epidemic of inequality. Nat. Med. 2021, 27, 187–188.
- Zhu, Y.; Jovi?, M.; Lesch, A.; Tissières Lovey, L.; Prudent, M.; Pick, H.; Girault, H.H. Immuno-affinity Amperometric Detection of Bacterial Infections. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 14942-14946.
- Nagar, B.; Jovi?, M.; Costa Bassetto, V.; Zhu, Y.; Pick, H.; Gómez-Romero, P.; Merkoçi, A.; Girault, H.H.; Lesch, A. Highly Loaded Mildly Edge-Oxidized Graphene Nanosheet Dispersions for Large-Scale Inkjet Printing of Electrochemical Sensors. ChemElectroChem 2020, 7, 460-468.
- Darvishi, S.; Pick, H.; Oveisi, E.; Girault, H.H.; Lesch, A. Highly Loaded Mildly Edge-Oxidized Graphene Nanosheet Dispersions for Large-Scale Inkjet Printing of Electrochemical Sensors. Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical 2021, 334, 129669.