Vladimir Vasilyevich Markovnikov (1838-1904) – the eminent Russian chemist, author of one of the best known empiric rule in organic chemistry
This is a survey of the literature concerning the empiric rule developed by Vladimir Vasilyevich Markovnikov in 1869 and its various, unauthentic versions, which are available in the organic chemistry textbooks published in the XX and XXI centuries. This survey is supplemented with: 1) information about Markovnikov’s chemical research, 2) selected facts of his life.
Copyright (c) 2019 Aleksander Sztejnberg
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in Substantia published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in Substantia open access articles.