How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
We have reported on a suite of simple new water technologies, in desalination, in sterilisation, in heavy metal pollution and harvesting, in cavitation, in a new class of environmentally friendly surfactants, on control of slimes and sludges from mining and floods. All are cheap, scalable. All are desperately needed. Why were these not developed before?
- B. W. Ninham, The Biological/Physical Sciences Divide and the Age of Unreason, Substantia, 2017, 1 (1) 7- 24.
- B. W. Ninham, R. M. Pashley, P. Lo Nostro, Surface forces: Changing concepts and complexity with dissolved gas, bubbles, salt and heat, Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci., 2016, 27, 25-32.
- V. S. J. Craig, B. W. Ninham, R. M. Pashley, The Effect of Electrolytes on Bubble Coalescence in Water, J. Phys. Chem. 1993, 97 (39), 10192-10197.
- B. W. Ninham and P. Lo Nostro, Unexpected Properties of Degassed Solutions, J. Phys. Chem., 2020, 124(36), 7872-7878.
- A. G. Sanchis, R. M. Pashley, B. W. Ninham, Water sterilisation using different hot gases in a bubble column reactor, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 2018, 6, 2651-2659.
- A. G. Sanchis, R. M. Pashley, B. W. Ninham, Virus and bacteria inactivation by CO2 bubbles in solution, NPJ Clean Water, 2019, v 2 Number 1.
- H.-K. Kim, E. Tuite, B. Nordén, B. W. Ninham, Co-ion dependence of DNA nuclease activity suggests hydrophobic cavitation as a potential source of activation energy, Eur. Phy. J., 2001, 4, 411-417.
- B. Feng, R. P. Sosa, A. K. F. Mårtensson, K. Jiang, A. Tong, K.D. Dorfman, M. Takahashi, P. Lincoln, C. J. Bustamante, F. Westerlund, B. Nordén, Hydrophobic catalysis and a potential biological role of DNA unstacking induced by environment effects, P. National Acad. Sci. United States of America, 2019, 116, 17169–34343.
- M. E. Karaman, B. W. Ninham, R. M. Pashley, Effects of dissolved gas on emulsions, emulsion polymerization, and surfactant aggregation, J. Phys. Chem., 1996, 100 (38), 15503-15507.
- M. Alfridsson, B. W. Ninham, S. Wall, Role of co-ion specificity and dissolved atmospheric gas in colloid interaction, Langmuir, 2000, 16 (26), 10087-10091.
- B. W. Ninham, K. Kurihara, O. I. Vinogradova, Hydrophobicity, Specific Ion Adsorption and Reactivity, Colloids Surf., A: Physiochem. Eng. Aspects, 1997, 123-124, 7-12.
- B. P. Reines, B. W. Ninham, Structure and function of the endothelial surface layer: unraveling the nanoarchitecture of biological surfaces, Quarterly Rev. Biophys., 2019, 52, 1–11.
- M. Larsson, K. Larsson, S. Andersson, J. Kakhar, T. Nylander, B. W. Ninham, P. Wollmer, The alveolar surface structure: Transformation from a liposome-like dispersion into a tetragonal CLP bilayer phase, J. Dispersion Sci. Technol., 1999, 20 (1&2), 1-12.
- B. P. Reines, B. W. Ninham, Pulmonary intravascular coagulopathy in COVID-19 pneumonia, Lancet Rheumatol., 2020, 2(8), 458-459.
- B. W. Ninham, K. Larsson, P. Lo Nostro, Two Sides of the Coin. Part 1. Lipid and surfactant self-assembly revisited, Colloids Surf. B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 152, 326–338.
- B. W. Ninham, K. Larsson, P. Lo Nostro, Two Sides of the Coin. Part 2. Colloid and Surface Science meets real Biointerfaces., Colloids Surf. B: Biointerfaces, 2107, 159, 394-404.
- N. F. Bunkin, B. W. Ninham, P. S. Ignatiev, V. A. Kozlov, A. V. Shkirin and A. V. Starosvetskiy, Long-Lived Nanobubbles of dissolved Gas in Aqueous Solutions of Salts and Eurythocyte Suspensions, J. Biophotonics, 2011, 4 (3), 150–164.
- M. H. Adams, Surface inactivation of bacterial viruses and of proteins, J. Gen. Physiol., 1948, 31(5), 417-431.