B. V. Derjaguin and J. Theo. G. Overbeek. Their Times, and Ours
This year is the 25th anniversary of Boris Vladimirovich Derjaguin’s death. The author was priviledged to know Derjaguin and Theo. Overbeek quite well. These two Giants of Colloid Science oversaw the evolution of the subject from a qualitative backwater to center stage in the now rapidly developing enabling discipline of modern physical chemistry. This is a personal account of events in their times.
Copyright (c) 2019 Barry W. Ninham
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Copyright on any open access article in Substantia published by FUP is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant FUP a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In accordance with our Open Data policy, the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in Substantia open access articles.